what i do
Freelance Multicamera Vision Director / Engineer / Media Server Tech / LED / Projection.
I specialise in all technical areas of video within the concert touring and corporate audio-visual industries. Having a flexible nature, I am confident working either alone or as part of the video crew, as such I enjoy the role of HoD or crew chief, but am equally happy to mess in as a crew member.
I have been on the road since 1995. during that time I have had the pleasure of working in various roles with some great artists including: The Who, The Chemical Brothers, Peter Gabriel, Meat Loaf, Primal Scream, Madonna, Rihanna and Lady Gaga.
As a natural born 'techie', I like my video systems to be designed for reliability on the road, yet be flexible enough to fit whatever venue we come across on the tour.
Having experience of working with many sound, lights and rigging departments over the years, I see the picture as a whole. For me, it is all about creating the best show possible for the audience's enjoyment.
I've recently updated my Disguise D3 media server training to include Fundamentals, Creative Sequencing and System Integration courses.
- Multi Camera Vision Director.
- PPU Systems Engineering, Camera
- Resolume Arena 7 / Disguise / Catalyst / Green Hippo Media Server Operator
- LED Tech
- Large screen projection, Barco / Christie.
- Data presentation.
- Power distribution.
- Video Crew Chief
- Set and Stage Tech
- Part P Qualified Electrican
- Specifying & building desktop PCs / Servers from component level.
- Networking and WIFI infrastructure.
- Routers & VPN.
- Cloud Infrastructure.
- HTML5 + CSS3, to W3C Validation & Cross Browser compatibility.
- Adobe Dreamweaver Creative Cloud.
- Adobe Photoshop Creative Cloud.
- Adobe InDesign Creative Cloud.
- Adobe Premiere Creative Cloud.
- Liquid Scripting